Building with purpose. Reshaping public education. Improving the future.
We are the nation’s preeminent nonprofit developer of charter school facilities. By partnering with some of the nation’s highest performing organizations that operate schools serving low-income students, we are helping them expand and serve more families. We have extensive expertise and a
proven track record in creating small learning communities. We do this at a fraction of the “cost-per-seat” incurred by traditional public school systems when they build new schools. We replace grim, almost factory-like structures built by these districts with academically-friendly, sustainable and environmentally responsible educational spaces.
Pacific Charter School Development (PCSD) is the only organization in California involved in this critical work, and is the first of its kind and one of a small handful in the nation.
Some key points:
- PCSD exists solely for the benefit of underserved students and their families.
- PCSD creates schools in neighborhoods where existing public schools are overcrowded and underperforming.
- PCSD’s clients are charter school operators dedicated to the proposition that all children deserve the opportunity to learn in safe and secure environments.
- PCSD cherishes and believes in the core value that all students are to experience the sensation of knowing that it is possible that they can attend and graduate from the great colleges and universities of this nation, find gainful employment in their field of choice, and lead fulfilling and meaningful lives
- PCSD is in awe of its clients: the individual charter school founders and administrators, charter management organizations, hard-working principals, teachers, and staff, all of whom invest tirelessly to create opportunities for children striving to learn.
- PCSD is grateful to the foundations, individual donors, board members, community finance development companies, and other lenders and supporters who make this work possible.
PCSD is a non-profit charitable organization chartered under IRS Code 501(c)(3).
To obtain a copy of PCSD’s tax exempt letter or PCSD’s financial information, please contact President & CEO Eli Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org.